Friday 16 July 2010

Conversations with my daughter.

Munchkin wears cloth nappies and has waterproof pants that fasten over the top. They're Motherease Airflo ones, and they come in a variety of different prints. This conversation took place during a nappy change this week.

Mommy: Right, lets put some pants on.
(roots around in nappy sack and pulls out a pair)
Mommy: Oooh, look, the ones with safari animals on.
Munchkin: No mommy, not.
Mommy: Not those ones?
Munchkin: No, fishy one.
Mommy: Why don't you want the safari ones?
Munchkin: A bit noisy. Lions a bit noisy.
Mommy: Oh, I see. What sort of noisy?
Munchkin: Hoovering.
Mommy: The lions are hoovering?
Munchkin: Yes.


Munchkin has mixed feelings about the loft conversion, although seems to like the new stairs. She has also warmed to Russell, the joiner who's doing all the work, and often asks where he is or what he's doing. The following exchange took place during tea this week.

Munchkin, holding aloft a pea: Look mommy, Russell!
Mommy: Sorry, what sweetheart?
Munchkin, still waving pea around: This Russell.
Mommy: Oh, ok. What's he doing?
Munchkin gallops Russell / pea around edge of plate.
Munchkin: Look, eat him! Nom nom nom nom!


She is a delight at the minute :) I've whipped up another tunic for her from Kitschy Coo's pattern, this time with some applique on the front. I've had this applique idea in my head for a while, and I'm pleased with the way it's turned out - it's a development on something I did ages ago. I wanted it to have a slight seventies feel to it, and I think the denim is perfect for it.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww, that's lovely. I've been missing your posts - hope everything is well with you all up there.
    Kx

    ReplyDelete