Thursday 30 September 2010

Spoonflower. Not really about spoons. Or flowers.

I am trying to sort out my cupboard under the stairs sewing storage room as it will shortly be moving to the...wait for it...UTILITY ROOM!!!1! Yes, I know, How lucky am I. Because of the recent neverending loft conversion project we have a bit more storage space, which means I can have an actual real room to sew in, as opposed to putting my sewing machine on the dining room table and then leaving it there for three months whilst fabric and pattern pieces gather round it in some sort of modern art installation styley, until someone comes for dinner and I have to stuff it all back under the stairs again.



If all goes according to plan I will have a workbench, a fold up chair, shelving and drawers. I will still have to share the space with the tumble dryer and washing machine, but at least I'll have a permanent space for my machine and the accoutrement's that come with it. Happy days :)


Love Fiesta by sammyk

I'm a long way off from that yet. First we have to finish the decorating. I am on the third coat of paint in the hall. The third coat, people. Which means there will need to be three coats on the stairs, and the landing. *cries*


But I have made a start on my new sewing nest by having a little bit of a de-stash. As we have officially run out of neverending loft fund loan money, and the electrician's bill came in £700 more than expected, we are slowly putting the entire contents of our house on eBay. This way we get to pay bills and really make the most of all that new storage space, as there won't be any crap left to fill it with. I'll list some of my fabric next week, and will be running a de-stash celebratory giveaway to mark the occasion. It's nice fabric, not just manky bits that I want to throw away :)

Monsieur Wonder Kat by malien00

Which leads me to the pictures that illustrate this post. How can a girl possibly keep on top of her fabric stash when there are beauties such as these available to buy from Spoonflower? The design talent out there just blows me away. Just a shame all the monies in my paypal account will be paying for sockets and switches :(

4 comments:

  1. I thought these fabrics were what you were destashing and wondered how you could part with it all!

    For the painting did you look into a heavy-duty primer? Maybe you could get the rest down to a coat of primer and a single coat of pant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, if that was what I was de-stashing imagine how good the fabric I was keeping would be!

    I'm buying primer (I think it's called undercoat here) tomorrow. I was all gung ho with the first coat, doing loads of walls at once, so by the time I realised the paint didn't give very good coverage it was a bit late :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what color you're using, but you can ask about tinted primer, too. That can really make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spoonflower is brilliant - until you have to pay the customs charges, ouch!!

    ReplyDelete