Monday 15 June 2009

Fabric fabric fabric!

I found the magic fabric shop. It is truly a sight to behold. It's in an old chapel, and there are 4 rooms stuffed floor to ceiling with rolls of fabric. There is '£1 a metre' room. Wow. I was a bit hindered by having munchkin in the pushchair as I couldn't really have a proper root through things. I'm going back soon with grandma pickledweasel, so I can look at everything properly.

I was extremely restrained, and bought 2 metres of this:
I have a pattern for a sleeveless blouse that I want to try out, and this will be perfect for it.

1 metre of this:

I'm thinking applique on children's things. And I think munchkin's room needs just one more cushion.

and 2 metres of this:

It's a sort of linen chambray, a lovely grey colour. I'd like to try and make a wrap skirt with it, maybe reversible with a patterned fabric on the other side.

I spent a grand total of £8. That's not per metre, that's for everything! Although the bus fare was £5 for a return ticket(!!!), so I guess I have to factor that in, but £13 for 5 metres of fabric is still pretty good :)

3 comments:

  1. Jesus, I'm considering a rail ticket down just to go there, that's soooo cheap! Lovely finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I just remembered where I've seen the animal one... John Lewis. For 8.99 a meter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the animal one is a second, there's some smudging on the black outlines, but it looks fine. I'd be happy to take you on a tour of cheap fabric shops if you ever venture this way :)

    ReplyDelete