Wednesday 17 June 2009

The shoes to end all shoes.

Munchkin went to stay at grandma pickledweasel's last night, for the first time ever. I felt very odd about it. I even had a little cry! It's all practice, as mr pw and I will be off down to thelondon in a couple of weeks time, for an evening wedding reception, and we'll need to leave Munchkin behind. We'll be only be gone for 24 hours, but it's still a bit of a wrench.

Even so, we're really looking forward to our little jaunt. I can count on one hand the number of times we've been out since she was born. I'm not an overly glam person, but I do like getting dressed up for a night out, so I'm pulling out all the stops on this one. I've got a pedicure and fake tan booked, I've bought a purple silky dress with frills on, and these amaaaaaazing shoes.



I love them, possibly more than any other shoes I've had before (and I currently have 24 pairs, so that's saying something). I was going to make a clutch bag to match, but after a squillion hours spent looking for a suitable fabric I gave up and found a perfectly good bag on eBay. Not the actions of a true crafter, I know, but at least it's secondhand, so a bit more environmentally friendly.

I made the most of my free evening yesterday, and customised a cheap t-shirt with some bits and bobs. It's not quite finished, but needless to say it'll be the subject of my next post :) All I've got to do now is sit and wait for Munchkin to return, savouring the last few minutes of peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment