Monday 31 August 2009

Beep beep!

Munchkin is crazy about vehicles. She likes cars, diggers, trucks, lorries, cement mixers, steam rollers, bin lorries, cranes, cherry pickers, trains....the list is never ending. She started at nursery for one afternoon a week recently, and on her first visit the only thing that would stop her crying was a big Caterpillar truck


She has quite a few vehicle toys, but as of yet no clothing to reflect her love of things with engines. I tell a lie, she has one top from Next that has a camper van appliqued on the front. But there appears to be little else out there if you're a girl and like cars. So I set to work :)


It was sooooo easy! I just made up a block stamp with foam shapes, et voila! I did a few test prints first to work out which fabric paint would be best.


The foam that the shapes came from works well as a stamp too, and I've printed up another tee with it, but it needs some words underneath - I'll try and finish it today. The tshirts were from a pack I bought in the sales, and I'm customising all four. Photos of the other three as and when I finish them. Toot toot!

2 comments:

  1. Those are super cute! I love the look of block prints but I've never done one... need to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy peesy lemon squeezy. Foam shapes (pre cut or cut your own) stuck to foam board. Bob's your uncle!

    ReplyDelete